Company promised to pay after their cheque bounced. No reply. Option?

In Cheque Bounce Law

I worked in a BPO company in Gurgaon in 2012, and I resigned in August 2012, after serving 1 month notice period. Cheque issued by company for my salary for the month of July 2012 (Rs. 30000) was dishonored by the bank, and I haven't received my wages for final 9 days of Aug 2012 as well.

My company asked me to courier the dishonored cheque and assured me that my money will be credited in a bank account of my choice. I am still waiting, and no one is available in the office to clear it.

Please help.

Answers (1)

400 votes

Expert Legal Advice:

We suggest that you should not return the cheque to your company. Instead, you may file a cheque bounce case against the company under section 138 NI Act. The company has committed a Criminal offense and you will get the amount back.

We can even seek damages to the tune of double or near to double the amount of the cheque that has been dishonoured.

Further, you can also file a petition in the Labour court and get the appropriate compensation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles