Cancellation money received by builder but cheque bounced

In Cheque Bounce Law
I booked a property with a builder in Bangalore. Five months after cancelling the deal, the builder issued me a post dated cheque. But when I deposited the cheque on the mentioned date, the cheque bounced with Insufficient Balance reason. When I contacted the builder, he said that he will transfer the money directly in my account but that also hasn't been done. How should I proceed here?

Answers (1)

163 votes

File a cheque dishonor case. Within 30 days of receipt of insufficient funds u shud send an Advocate notice giving 15 days time to return the cheque amt. If he still does not return u r money file cheque dishonor case and consumer case for deficiency of services & unfair trade practices.
Pratap, Advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles