Without divorce, separated spouse create problem in husband remarriage

My marriage registered before 2 years in high court.. Nd now we are living separated nd some agreements in police station in written. . Some mone gives to my wife nd finished without any divorce.. My question is if in future i m going to married... My wife creates any problems to me?

Answers (5)

169 votes

My dear friend first what is your religion? According to law if you are non muslim, you have to get divorce first then you can remarry. No compromise/agreement will be effective in this regard. In liew of the compromise/ agreement both of you can file divorce with mitual consent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

Dear client marriage another without divorce is not at all valid. Moreover chances are there that your wife can move complaint under section 494 of IPC also. So without giving divorce do not go for another marriage.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
52 votes

You may face problem at the behest of your wife as no formal divorce between you & your wife has taken place and any written agreement is nonest in the eyes of law and you can also object your wife from undergoing any second marriage without taking divorce from you through court of law.
So you both are at same pedestal. Its better you take divorce by mutual consent.

140 votes

You may fix appointment and meet with our team. We proper guide you and will give best opinion in your case.
Kindly come with all docs in relation to your marriage.

If you want to register marry then you Maud o so but you have to fulfil the legal obligations.

200 votes

Certainly you're going to have problems with remarriage without formal decree of divorce from court. Till the time you do not get decree of divorce from Court, you are legally wedded and can't marry again.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."