Wife rejects my conjugal rights and also rights upon my daughter

Wife mostly staying with her parents leaving me alone. Her parents support her as she is working. After 5 months of birth of my daughter, she came to my parental home for 5 days. There she told that I am not the father of the child nor I have any rights upon the baby & left the house. Irrespective of my requests, she is not coming. Rather she filed a complaint at PS & by this forced me to sign an agreement that I have to live near her parents house which is 35 kms away from my work place. Now where I am staying is nearer to both of our work place, still she is not coming. Please guide me ..

Answers (5)

296 votes

You can file petition under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act for restitution of conjugal rights, therein stating all the relevant facts. In this way, she will have to reply the reasons for avoiding your company before the Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

In the above scenario you can file a petition for Restitution of Conjugal rights before the Family court and you can also get your case referred to a mediation cell from there and you both can be counselled through a mediator.For any further query please feel free to contact us at the numbers provided

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
204 votes

Please file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty against husband brcuase she living with parents without any reasonable cause she also escaped your child from you. Pls also mentioned that you have tried for restitution of conjugal rights between but failed due to her irresponsible behavior

158 votes

You should not bow down to your wife. You should do what is right and try to invoke your rights over your daughter and wife through court of law. Certainly things will improve and you will be settled down with your family.
Kind regards

211 votes

First you safe guard yourself by filing a complaint against your wife in concern Police Station that she is not coming to live with you after signing an agreement by stating all the facts best to your knowledge and subsequently file a section 9 petition HMA

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."