Wife left me and now wants compensation from me

I got married to a girl at Pune. Court Marriage. Am Hindu. After one year, when I got the financial crunch, girl changed her mobile number and later her address also changed. I messaged her, but she never answered. Later after four years, I got married without divorce from first wife. After seven years, she needs compensation from me but not willing to live. Please advise.

Answers (4)

198 votes

With out divorcing first legally wedded wife. Second marriage is void under Hindu Law and first wife is entitled for every right of wife as provided under law. She can claim maintenance under 125 Cr c p & right to residence, medical expenses etc under other laws

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

160 votes

Sir first of all you cant marry without getting a divorce decree from the court your second marriage is null and void untill you get divorce from your first wife.
Now question is on what account your wife claiming compensation.
Because she is still your wife you never filed a divorce on the grounds of desertion in any court.
If further help needed contact me
Thank you
Shuaib khan advocate

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
291 votes

There is nothing to worry . Such type of matters need prudence.
As per the laws you have committed adultry by marrying other women during the life time of one.
But in this case we’ll show the malicious intention of the first wife to defraud you by committing such act.

56 votes

Ther are many questions in this matter.
Your question is not clear.
Who is asking for compensation?
When did your first wife left you??
Hve filed any complaint regarding same??
Have you registered your marriage??
Please contact for details.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."