Wife is threatening and forcing me to live separately with her

27-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
My wife is forcing me to get separated from my parents and her parents and she is threatening me to get me inprisoned in case of dowry and domestic violance. She also gets some illlegal money in his account every month and to extract that money from her account her parents call her every month to get that money extracted. Her parents are threatening me to kill also. She had told many time the heinous crime of her family. I am married just 7 months before and she had slapped me many times in front of my family. The police is also not helping me. She had tried to suicide in front of me many times I have some proofs for that. Kindly please help me. I am a Brahmin and she force me to drink and eat the non vegetarian food. She forcefully took me to the bar and drank there. She has accepted all the things and I have the proofs for them. Please help me out.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
511 votes
At the outset, i want to make it very clear that no one can sens you jail on a false and fake ground. Second thing you can take legal help or can file cases if hou have aome strong proof in your favour.
Answer #2
642 votes
Sir you can file a divorce case against your wife and write all the things in your case. But firstly you have to file a criminal complaint against your wife before the police station and if police not take it then send it by post.
Answer #3
756 votes
You can file a criminal complaint against your wife and your in laws to a concerned Police station if Police is not taking any action then approach their senior officials by referring the same complaint with a covering letter that they are not taking action on your complaint.
Answer #4
864 votes
I advice you to file a divorce on the grounds of cruelty and further initiate a criminal complaint in the nearest police station for threatening, attempt to murder, grevious hurt etc. Police will certainly register a FIR if not then approach magistrate under section 156(3) CrPC for Registeration and enquiry in the matter. You will surely succeed
Answer #5
761 votes
Law provides both men and women with the same rights. Under Hindu Law, you can file a suit seeking divorce on the ground of mental and physical cruelty without having to pay any alimony to her. Before that, you can also file an FIR against her. For any further discussion in detail on this, please contact me on my personal e-mail id.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."