Wife filed a case under 125 left the house now wants to transfer case

My wife filed 125 CR PC leaving my residence at Odisha without any reason. I filed RCR at Odisha court as I am now workinghere. My wife is trying to transfer this case from Odisha to Kolkata. How can I file a petition in supreme Court against this.My religion is Hindu and wife is also Hindu.

Answers (4)

246 votes


A transfer petition would suffice. However it is also possible for you to connect the Mediation office of the Eastern Lawyers Guild. Without going into further details i cannot advice further


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

109 votes

Prior filling the petition for transfer the case, you did not file any petition before the SC against the transfer. If you have reasonable ground you can defend it first and then alternative relief will preferred by the Hon'ble Court.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
339 votes

If your wife file a transfer petition then you can defend the case and transfer case from one court to another court is discretion power of the court . and without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

109 votes

First of all you are not required to file a case before The Honorable Supreme Court,as your wife wants to transfer the case she must have filed a case according to Sec 24 of The Code of Civil Procedure there you can contest the suit.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."