What to do if the husband denies marriage and maintenance to the wife

09-May-2023 (In Family Law)
Dear Sir/madam,I got marriage with someone in temple on 2007.and now I have one child.but we don’t have any legal documents or proof of marriage.Now my husband is left us and also he is not accepting me as a wife.i filed case against him on 2015.but in court now my husband is saying that we are not married and the baby is born from our immoral relationship.and also he is saying that he will give compensation to only my son.please advise me that how can i prove my marriage and how can i get compensation.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
560 votes
Denying is easy, from 2007 u got married & living together, so you must be having voter card, ration card, child's school records, hospital records etc, please what is mentioned in it. Further, the place you all three living from 2007, make available them for proving you both are married & their on.
Answer #2
676 votes
If you have proof like photo or the register of temple where your name will be entered that can be used as proof of marriage. Secondly file for maintenance under 125 Crpc for yourself and child. Lastly any witness to marriage will be sufficient
Answer #3
889 votes
Though your husband is denied relationship of husband and wife but he has admitted that your son is born from him, so you should prove that you have stayed as husband and wife by getting marriage for long time and out of said relationship son is born.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."