What to do if my first wife is threatening to file a fraud and DV case

07-May-2023 (In Family Law)
Maine dusri shadi kr li thi or ab phli patni jiske pass 4 year ka baby h Mujh pr case krne ke liye bol rhi h or mere family walo ko bhi rape & gharelu hinsa or dhej ke case krne ke liye bol rhi h Magar dusri wife mere se divorce ke liye agree h or hum section 13B (2) me case kr diya h k or dusri wife pr koi baby bhi nhi h kya abhi bhi mujhe jail ho sakti h or is case me kya krna chahiye please guide kre
Answers (3)

Answer #1
568 votes
As you have stated it is clear the you cheated your wife by marrying someone else. I don't know that the person you married was also in the know of matter. Anyway you commuted the offence of bigamy which is a cognizable offence. In case your wife files a case of cruelty in DV Act or rape she will have to prove it before the court. But the element of mental cruelty is there as you committed the offence of bigamy. Your case depends upon the FIR which she will lodge and only after that it can be told as to in which manner you should proceed in the matter. If FIR relating to rape is filed then you will face some difficulty to obtain bail early from the court. See to it that you patch up with your first wife.
Answer #2
874 votes
Ek wife k hote hue aapne dusri shadi kaise kr li? Aap bigamy k charge me jail ja skte h, aapne dusri shadi socily ki h ? Aap ek Kam kr skte h phli wife agr mutual divorce k liye taiyar h to divorce le lijiye, or av aapko ye nhi dikhana h k aapne dusri shadi ki h...koi registration nhi h na apki dusri shadi ka koi proof to nhi h aap apni dusri shadi Ko hide rkhiye or phli wife se divorce lene.k bad hi kuch kre,
Answer #3
744 votes
You are in Muslim law or in hindu law ?
Go to the nearest police station n file a complaint n take a copy of that report if nothing happens, again go to the authorities and file a complaint. This time make a complaint before the superintendent of police. It is very unlikely that nothing happens again. If nothing happens again, the last recourse which I can think of is, judicial you can take judicial recourse by filing a complaint before the magistrate.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."