What to do if mother is not happy that I have a boyfriend

I'm 18 years old and I have a boyfriend. My mother doesn't like me being in a relationship with him as he belongs to a different religion. Can I ask my mother to stay away from my life and my decisions because I am 18? Does the law provide me this right? Or should I be under the control of my mother? But recently a new law has come out saying a person can choose his/her life partner.. does that law apply here?

You can go head if u r completed 18 years..

As per section 3 of Indian Majority Act, 1875, every person domiciled in India shall attain the age of majority on his completing the age of eighteen years and not before that. Taking that you have completed the age of 18, you can take decisions on your own and law provides each individual that right. There is no recent law as you have stated. It dates back to 1875. Hope you understand.

Note: Though law permits you to take decisions on your own, on a personal note, I would rather suggest you to wait for few more years to take suitable decisions affecting your life.

Hello,
Being 18 Means you're major and you can enter into a contract and you can vote. But for Marriage Registration you need to be 21. Choosing a partner at this age could be disastrous at times and you have to exercise caution.