What is the law against mental harassment

My mother is continuously mentally harrased by my father and my elder brother. They abusing her Everytime. I want to complaint against my father and my brother is there any law of mentally harrased people?

Answers (3)

251 votes

Yes Ofcourse you can file a complaint against them who are harrassing your mother before human rights commission and also local police officer and there after claim for separate living by way'of claim for maintenance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

57 votes

If your mother is being continuously harrassed by your father either physically or mentally your mother is if interested she may complain or may lodge FIR against your father and other members but your mother has to inisiate.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
270 votes

She can definitely file a police complaint against her husband (your father) and her son (your brother ) regarding the mental cruelty being meted out to her. The complaint should state the specific instances of the mental harassment (cruelty) being cause to her.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."