What is 138 NI ACT under section 200

27-Feb-2023 (In Family Law)
Please help me to withdraw the case against my husband .
Answers (4)

Answer #1
658 votes
Dear Sir,
Just ask your advocate to file a memo to withdraw the complaint otherwise file a memo stating that you have settled matter outside the Court and would like to withdraw the complaint as not pressed. The Court will record the same and accused will be acquitted and your case will be dismissed as not pressed.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
756 votes
Hi... if any one issued cheque to you and it is dishounared then you have to file a case against 138 of negotiable instrument act by that you have to send legal notice to opposite party and you have to give him time to reply fof the same and after that you can file a case against him in court.
Thank you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
640 votes
Dear client good evening.

I just seen your query regarding your issue related to the financial harassment complaint.

Let me know when you're husband given cheque.

when they complained against your husband,
why should you withdraw the case is there anything settlement by your side.
thank you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
551 votes
section 200 of code of criminal procedurr is a section to file complaint in a court and without it private complaint cannot be fiiled in court and section 138 ni act is negotiable instrument act where a cheque has been bounced
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."