What if my brother is not sharing my share of profits through rent

We have faimly property , the name on Index 2 is of mother, brother, and me. My brother kept a tenant in the property and now tenenant and brother are not giving me rent which is my right ( as my name is mentioned in property ) both are refusing and saying " do whatever want to do we would not give rent " I want to take legal action

Answers (3)

Dear Client,
In the facts mentioned by you, you will have to approach Court of law to get back the possession of your land. Your brother is playing this game because he knows that Court procedure will take time, but it would be adviced to take the legal steps on priority to avoid any adverse effects on your rights.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir, Madam,

you have remedy under specific relief act, you are lible Mense Profit from your brother since from property in her possession, you are lible to all accounts of property concern which is your joint family property. you need first ask to your brother by way of legal demand.after that you may go before proper forum for seeking reliefs which is you mentioned.


Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

dear client, no doubt as your name is in the index 2 you have right to take share in rent.but many times people don't share the actual fact to the concerned person in this case if your mother's livelihood is on the rent and if your brother is caring mother or mother living with him then morally and legally they can refuse to give your share.and it will continue up to the lifetime of the mother.please contact for if the condition is different.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello, I'm 23 years old my brother is 20 he is a student and mother is housewife, issue is that my father is getting rs50000 pm rent from our ance…

Read More

Thanks a lot..Im second wife belongs to christian family lives in nagercoil.first wife have 2 sons and i have a daughter. did my daughter have any rig…

Read More

I want to know what papers should i make with what points to secure our future . We are 1 brother and 2 sisters. Lady(widow) has 1 son and 1daughter. …

Read More

my father was died in 2008 he has two sons and three daughters and my father wife also died in 2009 our sisters married and gone away after the death …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue