Want to marry with my girlfriend but parents are not ready

Me 6 years se relationship me hu bt me abhi apni stdy complete kr rha hu gurgaon se. Hum same cast se belong krte h..lekin ladki ke ghar wale use marriage ke liye tocher kr rhe h or wo mujh se shadi krna chahti h or me bhi use lekin settle ho jane par isliye humne apne ghar pe humare relation ke bare me bata diya h ab ladki ke ghar wale use bahut jyada torcher kar rhe h daily uski maa use torcher krti h ..use na padhne de rhe h ...uski maa ne ghar me bhut bura mahol kr rkha h ....ab aap he batao kya kr skte h hum me settle hona chahta hu bss uske baad me usse shadi ko ready hu lekin wo log abhi he uske piche lage h shadi ke ...

Answers (4)

224 votes

yeh apka right hai ki aap apni pasand ki ladki choose khud krr skte h, toh shaadi register krwao or dikkat ho to police protection lo court m applicaytion dal k.................................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

184 votes

If you both are eligible to marry no body and nothing can come your way and you can opt for court marriage or by performance of rites as per your religion. After marriage court and police will protect you from all objecting to your union.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
192 votes

Dear Client
If you and your girlfriend are major, i.e. of the age above 18 years, then no one can stop you from getting married to the person of your choice. Also, no one can force you to get married to anyone against your wish. But as per the circumstances told by you, the girl is living with her parents and her parents are forcing her into a marriage. At this point only she can help herself, she will have to take a step out of her home and complain the authorities for the wrongs done to her. And in either, if you are committed to marry her only, then you can get the marriage performed silently as per the law, and perform a formal function as you get settled. Meanwhile you will remain husband and wife in the eyes of law but without co-habiting.

173 votes

If she is an adult she can file a case. Though in your situation this will certainly worsen the situation for the girl. You need to make certain elders of your family who agree with you to talk and them and settle this dispute amicably. As any legal action in this case would only worsen the situation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."