Want to marry my boyfriend who has done engagement with other girl

Sir i have one question that my boyfriend anngement is done and we want marriage after anngement then in that case other party (say ldki vali) has any legal right to case on my boyfriend after our marriage

Answers (5)

53 votes

You both are major and sensible enough to take decision for marriage and no one can stop you for the same. Best solution in your case is that your boyfriend should inform the other lady his decision of breaking the engagement and his inability to marry her. The other lady should not be cheated by false promise of marriage and should be compensated for this by paying all the expenses she or her parent's incurred for engagement ceremony. The jewelleries and money exchanged should also be returned between both parties.
You may marry after all this for peaceful married life.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

153 votes

Can not understand your case so it is necessary to understand all the details. Please write proper details and condition of the case so that it can be understood as a case of law. It is necessary to have clarity of the case.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
107 votes

Hello app ka questions hi smj nhi aa rha kya khna chahte ho...agr engagement ho gae h to case kis bat ka or koi bhi case dispute ki vjh se hi hota h...

248 votes

Yes, the ladki Vala have a legal remedy to file a suit for damages claiming all the expenses incurred in engagement. They may also file a suit for defamation asking for additional money. You should be ready for all these consequences.

237 votes

No, If your boyfriend agree marriage with you without any force than No one doing any legal complaint/case against you and your boyfriend. Because anngement not given any liability for one person to other person.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I found out that my husband is cheating on me with prostitutes since the last 1 year. He also had no sexual relations with me since this last 1 year. …

Read More

My wife introduced someone 14 yr ago as his brother.later she was in relation With him.now she confessed he forcible raped her after intociating her a…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam Kindly advise on due course of RCR reply received from respondent, she has stated that she is willing to rejoin by the condition to lea…

Read More

What documenta for court marriage???my age is 19 but her age is 22 .is it legal or not…

Read More