×

Validity of marriage as boy wants to marry father's sister's daughter

Respected Sir/ Madam, May I know is there any solution of Sapinda relationship and I want to marry my father`s sister`s daughter. We both are ready for marriage but we know our parent will never allow us for this. We are hindu belonging to kayastha caste. If I marry her if her parent fill a F.I.R on me then how can I defend myself?

Its absolutely wrong with ur cousin sister and agains to hindu law.it neuer will permit or allow.if u want self defence in the scense of apprehenson of arrest u may file challenge to FIR If happen in any court or in p.s.

Are both of you major. If yes, then take recourse of Special Marriage Act. Because you can't solemnise marriage as per Hindu Marriage Act as marriage between sapinda is prohibited in the said Act. Filling of FIR will not nullified your marriage.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Under Hindu Law this type of marriage, marriage between cousins has been forbidden. Because there may be chances of some medical problems to children, born out of such marriages. It would be advisable to not entered into such marriage. However if you both are adults, you can marry under special Marriage Act, court Marriage.