Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Validity of marriage as boy wants to marry father's sister's daughter

Respected Sir/ Madam, May I know is there any solution of Sapinda relationship and I want to marry my father`s sister`s daughter. We both are ready for marriage but we know our parent will never allow us for this. We are hindu belonging to kayastha caste. If I marry her if her parent fill a F.I.R on me then how can I defend myself?

Answers (3)

Its absolutely wrong with ur cousin sister and agains to hindu law.it neuer will permit or allow.if u want self defence in the scense of apprehenson of arrest u may file challenge to FIR If happen in any court or in p.s.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Are both of you major. If yes, then take recourse of Special Marriage Act. Because you can't solemnise marriage as per Hindu Marriage Act as marriage between sapinda is prohibited in the said Act. Filling of FIR will not nullified your marriage.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Under Hindu Law this type of marriage, marriage between cousins has been forbidden. Because there may be chances of some medical problems to children, born out of such marriages. It would be advisable to not entered into such marriage. However if you both are adults, you can marry under special Marriage Act, court Marriage.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Can I marry my father's sister's daughter's daughter?i belong to Hindu community. Does 1955 special marriage act allows?…

Read More

I have given my house to my son to live with his family. Now I want to take my house back from my son and asked him to vacate the house and he is read…

Read More

Major share of ancestral property is owned by elder brother and also share of self owned property Now my younger brother and his wife has thrown her o…

Read More

From past 24 years I am living in my husband's house with his elder brother and family . My husband has his job in another city . His elder brothe…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue