Rights of wife if husband is having an extra marital affair

If husband has extra marital relation what are the rights for wife

Answers (3)

329 votes

Dear Sir/ Madam,
you not explained your matter in detailed. your query I inform you wife have many option .. if she want punishment her husband she file criminal case for adultery and file a case her maintenance against husband..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

Ma'am well you don't have any legal right but if that girl is married then her husband can file for adultery against your husband, though you can file for divorce under section 13 of Hindu marriage act

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
321 votes

Firstly, you need to ask yourself if you wish to continue with the marriage or end it.
In case you choose the latter option then you may:-
1. File for divorce from your husband under sec 13(1) (i) of the HMA, 1955.
2. if the Lady with whom your husband has an adulterous relationship is married then you can can claim punishment u/s 497 of IPC, 1860 for your husband. The punishment for the offence is imprisonment up to 5 years with or without fine as per the discretion of the Court.
3. And you also have a right to maintenance from your husband after your divorce for which you may file a petition under sec 125 of Cr.P.C

For Further Legal Help, contact the undersigned.
Take Care and Regards.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."