Remedy as brother misusing pan card for getting loans

My brother stole my pan card and using it for getting loans and using me as a reference. I am ready to pay the existing ones but I want to stop him from using my IDs legally. How can I do that. Your help is much appreciated.

Answers (4)

55 votes

You can just prefer a complaint or get an injunction against him for restraining him from engaging in these kind of activities and further also raise a complaint with the RBI, Banking ombudsman against the banks in which loan is taken, this will be useful for substantiating our claim in the future.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

345 votes

Hi. You can give a further details
When have got an loan
Which purpose is taking a loan
You contact an advocate

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
169 votes

Im pleased to inform that if you can cross check your misuse PAN card check through FORM 26AS details through online , if you know that your brother misusing it better inform him or make a representation to income tax department .......

127 votes

Letting your brother to use your ID is an offence, and both of you shall be liable in law, may land you both in jail. Ask your brother to return your IDs to you immediately in your own interest. Don't indulge in such illegal acts.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."