×

Register marriage with a girl whose engagement is already done

I and my gf want to marry each other but her parents were not agreed and due to family force she got engaged with other guy and my gf told him that she loves me but that boy still not cancelling the engagement and girl’s parents are also know the whole situation so she decide to marry me. Is there any problem if I do register marriage with my gf. If any please let me know. Thank tou

if you both are major then you can . but still its better to convince the parents that you both want to marry and want to live together for life time , because both of your families reputation will not spoil.

If you both are major, then you can get registered marriage due process of law after waiting one month from submitting application for registered marriage or if you belongs to Hindu then you may get marriage first, thereafter you get register your marriage where get marriage or at your residence Jurisdiction marriage registrar

Advocate Preeti Joshi

First please you both are majors, after that only you can decide for it. If both are majors then you both can decide for it. If you both or any are minors you can't do it. It shall be very serious offence.