Register marriage with a girl whose engagement is already done

I and my gf want to marry each other but her parents were not agreed and due to family force she got engaged with other guy and my gf told him that she loves me but that boy still not cancelling the engagement and girl’s parents are also know the whole situation so she decide to marry me. Is there any problem if I do register marriage with my gf. If any please let me know. Thank tou

Answers (3)

if you both are major then you can . but still its better to convince the parents that you both want to marry and want to live together for life time , because both of your families reputation will not spoil.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you both are major, then you can get registered marriage due process of law after waiting one month from submitting application for registered marriage or if you belongs to Hindu then you may get marriage first, thereafter you get register your marriage where get marriage or at your residence Jurisdiction marriage registrar

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

First please you both are majors, after that only you can decide for it. If both are majors then you both can decide for it. If you both or any are minors you can't do it. It shall be very serious offence.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

2012 married.have two husband and in laws not sending to my parents home.if i ask to go to see my parents they saying 'get lost'.…

Read More

I am hindu we got married 3 years before. last week my In-laws took me to the police station (without informing my parents) for silly reason. now they…

Read More

Madam/Sir I would like to know from you after the parents part ways does the major son have a right to choose which parent to live with or he should o…

Read More

my wife left home after i beaten her . we have no phone connection . her & her parents told me dont come to my house…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue