Reading whatsapp messages and taking photos of it without permission

My sisters husband has read my and my sisters personal whatsapp messages without my sisters permission. More over he has also taken photo graphs of it. They were married recently and the marriage is under hindu religion. We had written certain funny things about hos father and all things were not very serious as he took it. Now my sister wants to part for some other reason but we are scared that he will show our messages to people and defame us as those messages were a bit conttoversial. Im willing to send him a legal notice that he cannot show our messages like this without our consent nor can he read and take photographs of it. Can i send such legal notice so that he is restricted from showin our messages to people and if yes under what section and please give me a draft of the same.

Answers (3)

260 votes

With reference to the above statement, you can prevent to your sister's husband, as there is right to privacy in that you if someone is taking any things without your consent then you can take a legal action against him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

253 votes

hello dear client, i would like to guide regarding your query, that it is a right of your sisiter husband after marriage about her sisiter belong's as husband is a liable person for her wife. second, dont go for legal action due to this is between your sisiter and her husband.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
283 votes

Yes you can send him a legal notice as every citizen is granted right to privacy as a fundamental right under the constitution of India. If you want i can draft the same for you. If he defames you can proceed with a defamation suit against him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."