×

Procedure to marry foreigner and register

I am resident of Bihar and am female.Me and my boyfriend who is from Bulgaria,we want to get married in August of this year when he will come to India for around 40 days.He can't stay longer than that due to his university classes. Is it possible to perform our marriage in 40 days time?Somewhere i read that one month stay in India is mandatory for both bride and groom,before applying at the marriage registrar office.Is it true? And we want to get married outside of Bihar, can we marry anywhere in India?

Yes,it is possible to perform registered marriage within 40 days time.But at the time of submission of marriage registration form, certain documents are required including No Impediment Certificate/ NOC from concerned Embassy and valid visa.

Dear Madam,
You have not clear in your query that from which religion you belong neither you have mentioned the religion of the guy to whom you want to marry, still you as per law there is no need of such period to staying in India to marry a girl according to special marriage Act, in my opinion you should go for court marriage in Patna Bihar, it will take 30 days to finalize your marriage.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

The date of application. After 90 days, you can apply to any other place. In the meantime, if the application is done in any other office and some process is started on the application made earlier then it is not a requirement to answer it. So you can reapply.

In India civil weddings are governed by the provisions of the special marriage Act.under the act there is a 30 day residency requirement which means that either the bride or the groom has to b living in India at least 30 days prior to applying to the local registry office to get married.