Procedure to fight domestic violence and dowry case

My brother's wife flled a domestic violence or dowry demanding case against my brother and mother. How we need to fight against it.

Answers (3)

303 votes

You need to hire a lawyer and proceed with the case. The case will go on until both parties do not come for compromise and you need to give evidence and prove you are not guilty and it would take time for the case proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

Domestic violence is different from dowry demand . Harassment for dowry or dowry demand is a penal case the provisions of section 498 A IPC will apply .. Where as domestic violence case is only an application for relief.. both the cases you have to attend the court and disprove the avermenta of your brothers wife

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
56 votes

When DVC is filed aganist you all of you can get bail first and then you have to file counters individually in the court. After that you have to prove that your not guilty by way of evidence in court then you will be freed.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."