Parents of groom delaying marriage for not fulfilling of their demands

29-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
Hi I am 25yrs old and I want to marry a boy he is 28 yrs old.his parents creating trouble so that the marriage could not yr ago they said yes but now they delaying marriage and now they said if my parents will not fulfill his demand they will not do marriage.i want to know that if I take legel action then what will be the title of the case and will my past include in this.and we r from same religion n cast.and we r in 2yrs of relationship.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
745 votes
See it depends on your relationship and tbe commitment of the boy. If he wants to do marriage then no body can stop him. If his parents are making illegal demand then what is the stand of boy in this regard
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
927 votes
Yes u can take legal action...let me kbow if boy is ready. Even we can file a criminal case if his parents are creating demands as it is illegal if someone raise demands for marriage
Please contact for more details.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
900 votes
Yes mam you can give complaint to the police againt your in laws for demanding dowry from you and your parents. If police didint take any action then you can move to the court or in alternate you both can marry before registrar concerend. Thank you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
951 votes
My first question is that that guy is with you or not if he is with you fist take time to convince his family before taking any legal action. Secondary you both are free to do marriage no one can stop. If you want to take legal action you can lodge a complaint of his parents in your local police station.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
976 votes
Dear, in this situation you can take a legal action against him. You can register a complaint against him in your nearest police station and tell police officer , that the opposite party making demand of dowry . if your father wont full fill him demand . They will not get marry with you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."