My father selling our house without give us some place

My father, my mother and me are living in a house which is self owned by my father( not inherited). Now my father started hating us and he is willing to sell his property. But he has not given us a substitute place to live. Then where will my mother go if he sell this property and left the house? Another thing, my father has 2 sisters. When my grandmother gave the property to my father one of his sister didn't signed in the will. Is that will be any plus point for us?

Answers (3)

318 votes

you mother can claim for maintenance or alimony if your father sells the property and leaves and go away in fact maintenance will be given to the child also as per monthly or yearly decided by the court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

this is a bit confusing for me for the reason that first you start by saying that your father has not inherited the house and then you talked of inheritance by a will so I'm presuming you are talking of the house per se and the land is ancestral. now irrespective of the status of the house your father if a hindu of West Bengal governed by the dayabhaga school of law then he has absolute right to alienate the property which is his. if so then your mother or you do not have a say in that. however you if a girl without sufficient means of existence and unmarried or if you are a boy who is minor or any gender and is physically disabled then in that case your mother and you will be entitled to have maintenance including residence order from a court of competent jurisdiction. honestly a will is an independent instrument and there is no question of having the effect of either having or not having the signature of any person other than the testator and it is only the property of the testator which can devolve as per the will after the demise of the testator.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
208 votes

if its your grand mother's property the children can act in accordance with the law, one of the sister needs to file a suit, and protect your mother and all of you , its not that tough your father will loose out on a lot and you wont repent

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."