Matrimonial issue due to extra marital affair of husband, domestic vio

In Family Law
I filed a complaint of domestic violence and dowry against my husband and inlaws in NCW. In response to which my husband has filed section 9 under hma. I also want to give our marriage a chance. I am confused over a question that if I agree to live with him, is there any possibility that he can deny to live with mein court

Answers (2)

139 votes

Your husband has filled a case for restoration of communal rights that means he wants to bring u back and resume cohabitation /relation with u ,u can go with him and withdraw the complaints filled by u against him and give a second chance to ur marriage ,however if he again indulges in any extra marital affair which aldo comes under cruelty u can take action against him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

273 votes

NCW is a pressure group. it is not any authority that can decide your rights. you should file domestic violence complaint in Court. further if your husband has filed section 9 HMA then he is claiming to the court that he wants to live with you and that u have removed yourself from his company. if your will give statement before the court that you want to live with him then his case will get decided then and there only as compromised. furthermore you have other rights also being wife like maintenance, residence and stridhan

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."