Marriage of a legally undevorced woman

Si I'm a divorced man from Trivandrum I would like to marry a girl who is undevorced . She lives separately from her husband last two years. He never gives divorce to her. He works in Kuwait and never visit Kerala but he regularly postpone hearing. Till he never gives any money for her and her child for last five years . What will we do ? Please give an advice

Answers (3)

201 votes

unless diverse is granted by the court you cannot marry a woman who is in relationship with another man divorce degree as soon as possible if you are present things are very slow then you have to apply some other actors to get a Quick divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

107 votes

desertion as a ground for relief differs from other such as adultery or cruelty as in that offence the cause of action of desertion is not complete until the petition seeking relief is filed. This means that through an act or conduct of the deserting spouse, the desertion can be put to an end

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
211 votes

In India marriage done with unmarried person or divorced person
If she filed divorce petition you Need to wait to get order in favour of her
If you married her before divorce it amounts to bigamy
If you want further assistance please call me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."