Maintenance from daughter residing in usa

In Family Law
How to claim maintenance if daughter is residing in usa for work and son has less income to support the parents ?

Answers (2)

215 votes
Dear Sir,

Irrespective of residence you can file either Maintenance case under section 125 CRPC and if you are senior citizen then file such case before assistant Commissioner Revenue under the provisions senior citizens act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


231 votes
file a case for maintenance in India and send summons to USA , if there are any bank accounts here you can get them attached by court order, file case under 125 of crpc in family court to get the relief of maintenance.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."