Looking for maintenance from husband for my child

I am Hindu living in Gurgaon, married for 7 years and have 6 years old daughter. My husband went out of India in Oct 2017 (Myanmar) for job and got involved with another woman. From Jan 2018 he is pressurizing me for divorce and from feb 2018 he has stopped all the contact with me. My first and required priority is financial security for me and my child and rest all comes secondary. Divorce or No divorce does not matter if my first priority of financial security fulfils I am working woman (salary 80k/mon) and husband ( 4.5 lac/ mon). What should be my legal line action ? Please advice

Answers (3)

113 votes

Dear Madam,
You can file a criminal complaint against your husband under section 498a of IPC. You can also file maintenance petition before the Gurgaon Court for herself and for your daughter. it makes pressure on your husband and than he settle the dispute.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

346 votes

If your husband is having adultrous relationship with some other women and is also not paying any amount to you and your minor child he has committed the offence against both of you. Under no circumstances he can avoid or evade from his responsibility towards his legal family. You will have to file a petition for claiming maintenance in the family court of your area

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
81 votes

The Issue is serious about the financial matter and needs to be reviewed in your case with all the records at hand. It is not possible to provide an opinion on the matter without reviewing all the facts.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am a mother of 2 sons....I live in my mother's house as my husband works abroad. From last 2 months he is not given any money for my expenses. I…

Read More

I seek legal advice for a case where a Hindu widow of 29 years want their in- laws to take care of educational expenses of their grandson. My friend&#…

Read More

Dear Team, DVC was filed by wife. Interim maintenance has not been filed yet. I am hoping that, it would be filed in the next hearing. DVC was filed a…

Read More

I am married (14yrs) and having two children. I am B.tech engineer. when my marriage got fix, I had to left my job. after marriage I started tuition c…

Read More