Living separately from husband as not happy with married life

Hi Gud afternoon,m married but I am not happy with the person,I tried my best to adjust but I couldn't,& now my family members are forcing me to stay with him,I am separated from him n working,but m mentally pissed off by getting calls from him n my family.m a Rajasthani girl,my marriage was done infront of Panchayat there is no legal certificate of marriage.It was against my wish

Answers (3)

295 votes

Hi ,
Think about ur marriage once again and then take next steps .
*You can apply for mutual if your husband also wants divorce
*Divorse can be considered if your staying separately from your husband for the past one year
*If your husband is not willing for divorse then you alone have to apply divorse petition providing valid reasons
*Even if you do not have a marriage certificate, the wedding photos will hold valid for your marriage

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

205 votes

Where are u living first. Approach an advocate and give details of your marriage aling with your photos of both later give address proof of urs showing ur residence and what u want divorce discuss with him and get things done

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
310 votes

Hello good evening
I saw as your quire regarding mariatle related issue. You told you separated but how it long wether is months or years we don't know and how many years has been gone had your marriage what is the reason behind you being separated. Finally now what relief you caught for this issue reply properly
Thank you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my husband is torturing me by not talking with me often.....he stops talking with me for nothing reasons...and he tells me it is for punishing me....n…

Read More

i I have been married since last 10 years. I have been being mentally exploited by my wife in the name of DV. She is also not mentality stable.Using t…

Read More

In a DVC case, the magistrate has since given orders to summon the Doctors to adduce evidence regarding mental illness of the respondent. In the said …

Read More

We are 4 members in or family.father is retired,mother home maker,elder sister it engg,me it engg.I am a married person.though my husband is staying o…

Read More