Legal rights against abusive and toxic father

In Family Law
I am an unmarried guy, still studying and bear own expenses since 3 years. My father has always been a very toxic guy. After 10th class he didn't let me study and my married sister helped me in my study. I have 5 sisters and he didn't let them study beyond 10th class and married them off to alcoholic and abusive guys. He falsely accused me of beating to him, insulted my married sister also when they came to talk to him. One year back he falsely accused me of attacking my younger sister with knife which she and my mother denied. He always talks ill about me, my mother. And now he threatened me to throw a case on me regarding keeping me out from property. However it's an ancestral property not bought by him. How can i deal with this situation, please advise.

Answers (3)

120 votes

Acts of domestic violence is being perpetrated you each and every members of the family by one person, immediately file a case of domestic violence against this man, so far as perperty is concerned, you are safe, it's being ancestral property, and law is powerful enough to save you from this trouble, you must approach the court, thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

155 votes

Good afternoon sir

I have perused your query. However will need some more details from your end to advice you better. Will need to discuss the issues in more detail for me to give you a conclusive legal advice on how and what to do going forward.


Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
306 votes

You can definitely file for domestic violence case against your father as it’s a mental torture to yourself. Also you can file in the nearest police station a FIR plus if you have any evidence you can get a case registered.
Involve your sisters and mother if they want to support you but as soon as you file FIR you can get protection.
For further details

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."