Legal marriage when boy's age is 20 as per certificate but actually 25

Hello sir/naam, I'm 25 year old girl and my boyfriend is 24, but in certificate his age is 20, we got married in temple and now I'm pregnant ....... So can we legally get married ??

Answers (3)

Ok you are both cross the age of 18 so you are adult than no problem in your marrige you can meet me for legal advice after some formalities like both HIGH school certificate .you are free for marrige .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes you are legally married
According to section 5 (which talks about Conditions for a Hindu marriage) sub-clause (iii) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 states that - he bridegroom has completed the age of eighteen years and the bride the age of fifteen years at the time of the marriage.
Thus your marriage is legally valid. CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Dear Client,
As per Hindu law the legal age for marriage in case of male is 21 years and of female is 18 years and same are proved by the certificate and documents, unless you make corrections in those certificates by legal procedure specified for such correction. However there is an alternative to it.
Any marriage solemised less than the age specified is void. If you need any legal advice for the same feel free to contact.
Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, I want to know that, If a firm is between two partners that is son and his son, and after the father death, the firm estate that is shop register…

Read More

My aunt usually use to put wrong allegation to my mother having relation with my father's younger brother which to everyone's knowledge in my …

Read More

I am a married for 14 yrs. We were living in lucknow since 12 yrs in joint family. We have a daughter of 8 Yrs. My wife wanted me to live in a seperat…

Read More

My boyfriend was recently forced in to Rehab by his family. He was taken there under the impression that he was just there for a health check up but t…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue