Legal action against husband for harassment

Am an unemployed house wife. My husband is an army person. He verbally abuse me and my family including my mother and sister. He threatens me that civil law cant do anything to him. And if i move any complaints he wont spare me or my family. On advice of his friends he is trying to trap me under adultry or provoke me very badly to make audio records of verbal abuse. Once i overheard the talk between him and his friend and came to know his plans. He is good to some extend but he is mislead by his friends. I want know if i could file any petiton siletly so that i will be there to prove my innocence if any false case filed against me through women commission or anything anything like that can be done to protect myself.

Answers (1)

294 votes

We can file case against him under domestic violence and 498a dowry and file divorce petition also . Your husband can't any type of case against you so don't worry you are free to file any case against him . You can also contact with me .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."