How to resolve family issue and increase cooperation within family

I am a house wife my husband native belongs to , whereas due to some financial issues i settled down in my fathers house along with my husband after my marriage. Now my father in law is living with his daughter my mother in law expired two years ago and he had a unmarried son who recently passed away who was living with my father in law. so many years my father in law was living separately till my mother in laws death and his son death along with them. Now he is living with his daughter. He is getting a pension of 25000/- per month. We have one daughter who is going to be married. My husband sister (my father in laws daughter) is not giving a single penny to us. What we have to do. My husband is having one more brother. Even though they take all the money, for the death rituals and other things they need us. But when coming to money they are not giving a single penny. We asked my father in law to come and stay with us. He is not giving proper answer. Please advise .

Answers (3)

52 votes

Mam, the pension is the personal benefit of your father in law. As such your husband has no right over the pension amount. Your father-in-law as he is living with his daughter, gives pension amount to your husband, he has to face wrath of his daughter.
So, legally no solution. If there is any ancestral property, your husband can claim.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

Pension, no body has right over it except the pensioner. His daughter cannot claim over such amount but the pensioner by his free will giving the amount to her. Better use your good tactics and win over your father in law...more suggestions in person.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
90 votes

Love and affection is main theme of family how u respect your elders the same would follow. Treat your father in law well since he has to make up his mind your sister in law has given your character assasin ur name so your husband has to play a dual role and to bring him to ur house. E along with ur children's.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."