How to obtain damage amount in 498(A), DV case?

Sir, it is a problem of my sister due to her husband harassment we have filed case against him. We have proof to prove this case accordingly my sister need divorce from him and she want to claim the marriage damages charges. In this regard what type of case to be filed before court.

Answers (4)

251 votes

Hello,first consult an advocate near to you before proceeding divorce,if U already file a 498A it is a criminal proceeding,in that your not getting any monitory relief,for monitory relief your sister may file DVC or Maintenance for maintenance only,for getting dowry and other expenses for marriage from ur sister's husband through court is not possible,why because dowry prohibited in our country,by mutual understanding between you both in front of ur caste elders,or village elders or relatives you get your money back,if the opposite party interested to settle the issue out of the court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

What type of case you have filed. Secondly you have file a case of divorce and also maintenance against your sister husband. After the divorce is decreed in that permanent alimony is there in that U asked your amount.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
260 votes

As i perused your grievance you can file DVC case and claim the compensation for the pain and mental agony suffered by your sister and can file divorce with maintenance along with legal expenses .
For further query contact personally.
Thanking you.

244 votes

Sir, she can file dvc case and ask for monetary reliefs she can very well file divorce op. she can also ask for protection order if there is any threat from her husband by filing along with the dvc case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."