How to initiate proceedings for gaining parents maintenance

To have legal advice as to parents' maintenance

Answers (4)

154 votes

Without knowing the full facts and circumstances, it is not possible to give any opinion. Maintenance of parents is in sec 125 of CrPC, according to this section you have to file a case in your local jurisdictional criminal court. For further knowledge contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

333 votes

parents having no independent income to maintain themselves sufficiently may filed petition before judicial magistrate u/s 125 of Cr.P.C claiming maintenance from their earning son/ daughter.They also applied for maintenance before subdivisions executive head against their ward.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
97 votes

At first you have to tell that from whom you want the maintenance of your parents. After that it can be said clearly. Though I can say that it is possible to get maintenance of parents who are old and unable to work and totally dependable on their children.

80 votes

It can be obtained by way of domestic violence if has occured or by filing maintenance cases directly before the jurisdictional court of the parents and children of aged parents are bound to maintain failing which parents can outsted their children from home.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."