One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Gourab Chakraborty

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoBaishnab, Kolkata
LawRato9 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Cheque Bounce, Consumer Court, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, High Court, Landlord/Tenant, Motor Accident
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Gourab Chakraborty has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired excellent professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Gourab provides services in various fields of Criminal Matters, Divorce Matters, Family Matters, Property Matters, Child Custody Matters, Cheque Bounce Matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Gourab enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2015.

Enrollment Number : F/1190/2015
  • Bankshall Court, Kolkata
  • Calcutta High Court
  • Consumer Commission
  • District Court, Alipore
  • District Court, Barasat
  • District Court, Kolkata City Session Court
  • District Court, North 24 Parganas
  • District Court, Sealdah
  • District Court, South 24 Parganas
  • Kolkata Consumer Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kolkata

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Gourab Chakraborty. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Gourab Chakraborty

Q: Married in 2013 husband went abroad in 2014 abusive want divorce

I got married in November 2013. My husband is in the IT and went abroad for his project in August 2014. I couldnt accompany him as I am pursuing my Phd. I lived with my parents when he was out of India as his parents are very rude to me. Till date he has never paid for any of my daily expenses and shared his flat with female colleagues and led a lavish life despite my objection. He always gives various excuses of not saving money but splurges on his own life. Whenever confronted he plays the victim. I used to visit him. Finally after 3yrs he has come back to India and is ill treating me. He is very abusive and is never ready for any communication which makes me loose my cool and I tend to react after which he plays the victim again. We dont have any children or joint property. We are hindu. I am a Phd student with stipend and dont have any other income. Can I seek divorce on grounds of mental torture?? How can I get maintenance? What are the charges of divorce and how do I proceed?

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty answered
It is very simple matter to get divorce from him but there are many other procedures before get divorce to give trouble your husband by way of dv act and other. Else you can get mutual divorce. Procedures can be told by your deputed lawyer.

Q: Remedies available in case of cheque got bounced twice

A cheque of 2350000 has been bounced twice in an interval of 7 days.This is in regard to a purchase of flat from builder.Deed of conveyance have already been done.Kindly let me know the remedies.

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty answered
You have to contact any lawyer as soon as possible because there are some mandatory steps which have to be taken by him else nothing can be done as remedies . So don't be late do as I said and nothing to worry if you take appropriate steps as I said.

Q: Ex-girlfriend blackmailing to file false sexual harassment case in me

sir one year back i use to talk to a girl on chat and as the chat progresses the chat converted into sex chat and exchanged privated photos to each other..but later on we broke up..but after one year my marriage is fixed and now she is telling that she will take legal actions against me for sexual harrasment.. we both are hindu and adult.. will i be proved guilty..but after one year i dont have any chat records and she does...

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty answered
Don't worry, as you have described , you are quite safe. Let her file any case or take any steps. You can also move 1 step forward from her by filling a case from your side.There are provisions for safeguard.

Q: PAYMENT ISSSUE----------------------------------

I was having a travel party.they paid me 37000 to visit a place but unfortunately tour was not done. at the time of refund I have refunded 20000 out of 37000.but now i m unable to refund as my financial condition has become too weak.but I will refund the rest within few days.i gave them a cheque also which bounce due to insufficient they are not ready to give me time.what shall I do.please suggest.

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty answered
Does the case is lodged by them.....???If not then tell them to compromise, if they don't then let them do what they want.AndIf the case had already been filed then you have to appear before the Ld. Court by engaging a lawyer, else warrant would be issued.

Q: Divorce in case of girl living in own parents house

Sir I am having psychiatric problems. I stay in my own parents house .Can my husband give me divorce in this regard?I am a Hindu.If I stay with my parents can it be a issue.Sometimes he comes or sometimes I go to my in laws house

Advocate Gourab Chakraborty answered
No...If you keep terms with your In-laws frequently then it can't be the ground of divorce but you have to keep one thing in your mind that insanity of spouse can be a ground of divorce if it will gravious in nature.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Gourab Chakraborty

Can Advocate Gourab Chakraborty represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Gourab Chakraborty can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty?

When you meet with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Gourab Chakraborty regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Gourab Chakraborty?

The cost of hiring Advocate Gourab Chakraborty can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.