How to get death certificate of deceased spouse

my daughter was married 19 yrs ago as per christian traditon. there were problems between them and after 7 years my daughter returned to my home and there were no contact with the spouse or his relatives. now her spouse died how to get his death certificate and her ornaments given at the time of marriage.

Answers (3)

131 votes

You can get the Death certificate from the Office of the Panchayat/Municipality/ Corporation where the husband's had occurred. As regards to ornaments, try to accomplish the things amicably......................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

262 votes

Dear Client,
You can obtain the Death Certificate from the website of the local self government, just google death certificate kerala state after entering the necessary details, it will the downloaded to the system immediately and with the print out you can apply for a certified copy of the same.

in order to get back the ornaments you are required to filed a case before the Family court which is having jurisdiction. A family lawyer can help you to clear these problems.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
177 votes

Usually death is to be registered with concerned LSG where the death was happened. If it was done in proper manner, you may apply for certified copy/extract of the death certificate . With regard to the gold ornaments, though there are some difficulties since there is a considerable delay of taking action, you approach concerned family court for with a petition for returning the gold ornaments, against the father, mother, brother of the deceased person or the person whom you think of the custodian of the ornaments. The Vanitha cell or vanitha commission can also do a considerable help in this matter.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."