how can I obtain a succession certificate

Having a valid will what to obtain a Succussion Certificate in Bareilly UP

Answers (3)

130 votes

There is a formality you wherein you have to go to the local register office you will get a succession form from there only just fill up the form and submit some docs depicting relationship with the deceased along with your passport size photo within a 2 working days you will get the sucsession certificate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

142 votes

Dear client,
A succession certificate is Issued by a civil court to the legal heirs of a deceased person. Succession certificate is required to claim movable assets valuable. And other benefits, mostly bank, a bank don't release funds or FDS with out succession certificate. For obtain a succession certificate you need death certificate and other documents that the court may require

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
129 votes

1)You can obtain a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through your Taluk / Thasildhar or through the District Civil Court of your area.
2)The best approach would be to get in touch with the Taluk / Thasildhar office of your area they should be able to provide you with the certificate or in some cases you might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.
3)Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Concerned Authority mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."