HMA 24 maintenance claim in foreign court

Can a maintenance case under HMA24 be filed in court outside India if divorce proceedings are running in India ?

Answers (2)

112 votes


The jurisdiction for Maintenance application under section 24 HMA is within India only.
HMA is not applicable in foreign countries.
There are different laws and provision depending upon the state you are living in.

Ramit Sehrawat

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

97 votes

Query perused. No. An application under section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act, seeking Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings. — had to be filed before the same judge who has seized off the divorce proceedings in India. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."