Girl and her parents forcing me to marry her and harassing my family

Few months back one girl was after me and I said no since she begged me and pleaded me I had to say yes, now my parents didn’t accepted for it but they came to our house and threatened our parents and I didn’t like it at all. I want to change my mind not to marry that girl and get myself free from this unnecessary issue.kindly help me

Answers (5)

318 votes

Hi according to your question you have right to give complaint against in Human rights commission for forcible marriage by girl and their parents,and you can give complaint in the nearest police station where you resides stating that the girl is threatening to marry her so for further clarification you can contact us at any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes


Approach the police and lodge a complaint against the girl and her parents for harassment and criminal intimidation. The police will call them, counsel them and warn them against harassing and threatening you.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
279 votes

Did you got engaged with her or does she have any of the commitment given by you or your family at any point of time. If it is just a oral yes and if the same is denied then you should have some reason for the approval and now reason for rejection. You can give a complaint or your parents before the police station for harassment and she also have the option to proceed. Call us through website for assistance

223 votes

From the statement given by you if fact and true you have nothing to worry. It is good that you have changed your mind in the initial stage itself before entering in to legal contract of marriage or engagement. If they are threatening your parents you can go for legal course of actions against them like file an FIR. Moreover you are free and have every right to decline this proposal.
But it is important to know what was the threatening, was it verbal, action, and by other means to book them accordingly.

52 votes

nobody can be forced to get married. even though they threat you also just say no if you donot like her. no police station or court will insist you to get married. marriage upon force is void. if you feel more insecure file nusence case against them.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."