Father mentally and physically abusing mother and sister

My unsupportive father influenced by his brother has always mentally & physically abused my mother & still continues.My sister is now victim of mental abuse too.I seek protection from this as we sisters are suffering badly from all these abuse

Answers (4)

Your father is mentally sick so he is abusing every member of the family. So before taking any steps first consult a psychiatrist and do a counselling of your father.After that if his attitude does not change then file a complaint before the local police station.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you must immediately lodge a general diary by way of speed post upon consultation with a lawyer and then file a domestic violence case and claim for maintenance and the court may also grant protection orders from the abuse you all facing

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

It is better to send an allegation letter stating the true facts to the SP, and request him to send the matter to the women protection cell for actions.
And also send letter to State Women commission.
Sign by three of you.

You can file a case under section 498A in the local jurisdictional police station and also under different sections of law and that you and your mother will be maintained by your father and will be ordered by the court under section 125 crpc and your mother can file a case under the Domestic Violence Act .for more details you can contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am in live in relationship. The boyfriend has cheated on me. And now he wants to sue me for mental Harassment. Is that even possible?…

Read More

I am facing this problem from last 8-9 years and my age is 25. She always insults me. She keeps abusing me from morning to night. Uses word as haramkh…

Read More

If a wife files a false case in mahila mandal against husband and his family, of dowry harassment, mental harassment, claims adultery. Which is all fa…

Read More

Respected Sir/Madam, I am 22 year girl. I have been experiencing the extreme Mental Harassment from my mother since 1.5-2 years. Harassment is about t…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue