Father Forced to split the Family Property by gift deed

12-Feb-2024 (In Family Law)
Dear Lawyer, My Father has a Family Property which was earned by my Grand Father. I am the breadwinner of the Family for the past 18 years. My father (73 years) decided and executed gift deed with out my consent and knowledge. He split the property equally between my sister and myself with out considering my efforts which i spent for these many years. Kindly advise, how to handle this situation legally. Regards, Ramesh P
Answers (2)

Answer #1
874 votes
dear Client
According to your issue
your effort has to be considered.
if not you may raise complaint to the sub registrar and stop the process.
are you may send a legal notice to your father as well as the Sub register.
I am here to help you please contact me
thanks and regards
Answer #2
808 votes
You can challenge the settlement deed executed to your sister. At the same time similar view would be taken to the settlement deed stands in your favour. You prove your case and get your respective share.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."