Father died leaving his wife and only daughter without will.

If my father dies intestate leaving my mother and myself behind... My father has acquired house property at chandannagar town... Can my mother usurp all my fathers property without informing me Or my permission? Is there any rules that after fathers death my mother will be the sole owner and I shall have no legal right till mother is alive? We are hindi nuclear family having 3 members.. My father is a cancer patient and I being the only daughter married recently a year ago. My mother is planning to usurp all my fathers property and remarry.

Answers (2)

220 votes

If your father did not make a will that means you and your mother are the joint owners of the property. So your mother is using illegal means to usurp your father's property. So to best way to stop your mother from doing this is by filing a partition suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

There is nothing to worry, get hold the parent deed copy of your house, try for a xerox copy. Thereafter, it is pertinent to mention that your mother and you will have equal shares in the property and if there is no will, you both have to obtain by way of instituting a succession case for succession certificate

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."