Family welfare committee not recommending to register FIR

Dear sir/Mam if family welfare committee does not recommend to register FIR under 498a. Can I move to high court to get the first registered?

Answers (4)

Dear questioner, sorry to say but high court can not deal with the matter directly.
There is a jurisdiction bar. On the other hand you can go to the ilaqa magistrate and file a complaint u/s 498-A. Magistrate has power to deal with the matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No There's such provision high court can only recommend to investigate properly or to re investigate.... can not direct to register an FIR... you can approach to court and can file a complaint against accused person

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

You shd first approach magistrate for directions to register FIR u/s 156(3) CrPc....... Otherwise file private complaint............dont directly touch high court.......................................

Yes you can move high court and the High court can pass any order it can direct the police to investigate, but you have to satisfy the High court that the recommendation of the committee are wrong. But best course for you is to file a private complaint before the ilaqa magistrate in which the court can summon the accused persons

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My wedding was fixed, had a live in relationship.I took contraceptive pills many times and my health was affected bad. I truly gave a lot of effort to…

Read More

What to do when my mother wants to transfer the pagdi room in my name. My father is died. I m having 4 sisters, in which one is allowing to do so.…

Read More

Our parents executed a WILL regarding immovable properties-setting apart specific shares to 4 children in 1994.This Will was registered in Sub Registr…

Read More

as he is handicapped person i cant give any complains regarding him because he acts very well in front of others, he says if we give complain ,police …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue