×

Family welfare committee not recommending to register FIR

Dear sir/Mam if family welfare committee does not recommend to register FIR under 498a. Can I move to high court to get the first registered?

Dear questioner, sorry to say but high court can not deal with the matter directly.
There is a jurisdiction bar. On the other hand you can go to the ilaqa magistrate and file a complaint u/s 498-A. Magistrate has power to deal with the matter.

No There's such provision high court can only recommend to investigate properly or to re investigate.... can not direct to register an FIR... you can approach to court and can file a complaint against accused person

Advocate Preeti Joshi

You shd first approach magistrate for directions to register FIR u/s 156(3) CrPc....... Otherwise file private complaint............dont directly touch high court.......................................

Yes you can move high court and the High court can pass any order it can direct the police to investigate, but you have to satisfy the High court that the recommendation of the committee are wrong. But best course for you is to file a private complaint before the ilaqa magistrate in which the court can summon the accused persons