Domestic violence, verbal abuse and divorce

I got married 6 months ago.It was not a happy marriage.we had many problems from the day 1 itself.Most of the incidents include name calling, verbal abuse.Now I'm 3 months pregnant.He left me in my parents home and cut all contacts.He told that when my baby born he will take and i'm confused what to do? If got legal divorce whom the baby belongs?.

Answers (2)

144 votes

Depending upon the issue you can approach the family court for divorce. With regard to their child in the womb, the biological parents are both in titled to be called as parents and The child belongs to both. However the mother is the first natural guardian and the father is the next natural guardian. In such case the mother will be having the custody of the child and if the father wants, he can visit the child. If necessary he can approach the court regarding visitation of the child and obtain order for visiting on a specific date and venue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

344 votes

hi madam sir. of you decide mean you can file divorce case against your husband. and don't worry child custody only rights for you so you file divorce immediately

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."