Domestic violence against my son

Myself and my husband are 75 & 80 yrs old. My husband has Alzheimer's. We have one daughter and 2 sons. The eldest son among all is forcibly living with us and causing verbal and domestic abuse everyday. We took the matter to police, but they refuse to file FIR, if at all.. They say 'if we file FIR you have to take him in bail in 3 day's. We are very much afraid. He often threatens us that he will kill us. What do we do ? Guide us please.

Answers (3)

267 votes

this is very unfortunate for a couple of your age. i will give you my fullest support in this issue. we shall file for a FIR and make sure he goes to jail. further, we can get a restraining order against him not to disturb you and peaceful possession of the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

Dear client
According to this issue
you may file complaint before the
district social welfare officer, and get the remedy. why the police officials said like this you know, normal family disputes disputes cause nothing, so the police officials not forwarded to take this matter seriously, better you may file what I said the above. for more help please contact me through Lawrato.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
305 votes

In this case, if local police are not taking any action against your complaint now this covid 19 situation you can launch an online complaint to the commissioner of police. I had a vast practice in that area you can seek my assistance in your matter.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."