Court notice from court case by husband

20-Sep-2023 (In Family Law)
My friend's husband has filed a court case and today I see the court notice in the news paper which says the defendent is not served and will have to personally appear on 7/11/2023 at 10 am. It has bottom line of a principal judge, family court, Gurdaspur . Where should I go and whom should I ask?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
864 votes
you should go to the concerned court which is the principal judge, family court, Gurdaspur, on the mentioned date at 10am. Normally you should hire a lawyer for all this, however you can personally appear in the court that day and seek the time to hire a lawyer. Must carry your aadhaar card with you..
Answer #2
822 votes
You need to attend hearing at Family court Gurdaspur. The reason you have seen the publication in the newspaper is because the petitioner (the one who filed divorce) must have served you summon but the summon could not have been served due to any reason. If you will not appear in the case then the judge can file an ex-parte order against you which can effect your case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."