Clarification on discharge of right over inherited property by sisters

After death of my mother and father, inherited property , both of my sister are willingly discharging their rights on the property what documents are required to register this information

Answers (3)

83 votes

You can take affidavit from your sisters stating that they are waiving their right over the said property. Submit that affidavit to the registrar in urban area or Tahasildar / Mamalatdar in rural area or Panchayat if the property is house in rural area. along with the application for removing your sisters name from the property . Ask your sisters to accompany you while this process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes


You can get a renquilishment deed executed in the concerned registrar office of your district in your favour by your sisters.
This way you can get the share transferred in your favour ...

Adv Ramit Sehrawat

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
110 votes

Take "No Objection Certificate" written by them on.... Stamp Paper .....duly Notarised. Consult any local advocate for the same. Thereafter follow procedures to enter your name in the all documents related to property.

Adv. Suneeta Shukla

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."