Can I proceed legally against my mother if she abuses me?

I am facing this problem from last 8-9 years and my age is 25. She always insults me. She keeps abusing me from morning to night. Uses word as haramkhor, r**** hai tu, gu khani, mar jaye tu, tere kaam mey aag lage, teri shadi aisi jagah karunghi yaad rakhegi, tu toh khub peetegi, tera muh tod dungi, etc etc . I have so many voice recording where she is abusing me continuously for hrs. Can I take any legal action against her.We live in joint family and we are 3 sisters. I am eldest.From all three of us, she only gives me abuses. I also make my own food. She worships day and night. She also charges false accusations against me. I used to do my job before, Now I work online from home. She provokes the rest of the house against me. I am in a relationship with someone(Inter) &she will never allow me to get married as per my choice Plz let me know What action can I take against her? Please help me to get out of this situation. I cant take it more 8-9 years are enough to face mental stress

Answers (3)

254 votes

I think , kindly do not take any legal action again your mother. You are in relationship with some one and you mother does not want, this is the main cause behind the behavior of your mother against you. You try to convince her for your marriage. If still she is not ready for the marriage then you marry him and start your life separetaly, mother will not come there.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

As per the facts provided by you im in the opinion that you are enough matured and attained an age of majority where you can decide your life on your own and can also give complaint to your nearest police station about the sufferings you are going through or you can file complaint in the concerned court to get rid of this problem.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
218 votes

You can take your mother or any other member of your family to court, however it will be more convenient and easy for you to simply move out of the house spl if you are financially independent. However if you do that without proper legal channel your mother can cause problems for you in present and future. This discussion is a lengthy one so you can contact for further advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."