Can a wife ask for maintenance from husband

07-May-2023 (In Family Law)
We have been married for 10 years and have a daughter daughter of 8 months.both of us are working.till now I have been bearing all expenses of house emi..he is not taking any responsibility.what ever he earns..he spends on eating and drinking.however he does not buy food for me.i have to buy my own food mother in law does not allow him to spend any money on to deal with this situation
Answers (4)

Answer #1
824 votes
At first try to settle the matter consult with senior family member. And if the matter is not solve then you can file a case under section 125 of the Cr. P. C for your maintenance and maintenance for your daughter.
In my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible .
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
664 votes
file a case under prevention of domestic vio;ation ,lodge G.D in the local P.s and also lodge 125Crpc for your son.if possible than file 498A against your mother in law and your husband .also inform his work place
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
719 votes
File a case for domestic violence under PWDV Act where you can claim various reliefs including maintenance for you as well as your child(if any) same level of alternative accomodation if you are unable to live with your hubby,and various other relifs too
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
509 votes
You need to file a case of maintenance and asking for alimony for you and new born son...for such neglect and refusal definitely get the remedy...u need to contact meimmediately before the situation get not panic
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."